Archery Equipment Care and Usage
Shoot and Tune is the topic of this class. Students use their own equipment to review the basics of shooting a bow, reviewing what items can cause that bad shot, and the basics of setting up their equipment.
· Basic Steps for Shooting a Bow
· Common Shooting Errors
· Sighting In and Tuning Your Bow
The Student should be able to…
· state three safety practices for archers
· explain additional cautions that must be practiced when using broadheads
· demonstrate how to nock an arrow, and draw and anchor the bow
· demonstrate how to use a bowsight and how to instinctively aim a bow
· List six basic steps for shooting with a bow and arrow.
· Demonstrate proper shooting steps.
· Explain the importance of a consistent anchor point and proper sight picture.
· Describe how to sight in a bow.
· Describe how to tune a bow.
· Name two common bowshooting errors.
· Describe three ways to practice for bowhunting.
Copyright © 2016 MSC Camp Wilderness all rights reserved.
All photos property of MSC Camp Wilderness and may not be used without expressed written consent.