Blood trailing and Range estimation
In this lesson the students cover what happens after the shot. Utilizing a real blood trail (fake blood), the students must track and recover the animal (3D Target). After the recovery, proper field dressing is covered along with proper game care.
· Big Game Recovery
· Field Dressing
· Field Care of Game
The Student should be able to…
· explain what to do when approaching downed game
· state what is the first thing you should do after you are sure your game is dead
· list the three main causes of meat spoilage
· list the basic steps for field dressing
· Explain a hunter’s basic responsibilities after shooting game.
· Describe the basic steps of big game recovery.
· List the steps to follow when the animal being tracked is found.
· Describe how to properly field dress a big game animal.
· List two reasons for proper transportation of harvested animals in a vehicle.
Copyright © 2016 MSC Camp Wilderness all rights reserved.
All photos property of MSC Camp Wilderness and may not be used without expressed written consent.